Monday, June 25, 2018

Beacon Scanner App Updated

Remember the app I created to scan Ibeacons and list them on screen and wrote about it that it is possible to modify the app to scan EddyStones as well? To prove it, I have decided to modify it myself. In case you haven't read the previous posts, here are the links:
A Simple Ibeacon Scanner App in Android
An Update to the Ibeacon Scanner App for Android
The a small change I made is to change the name of device whether it is an Ibeacon or an EddyStone-UID.

Like I said, the file DeviceScanActivity.java needs to be modified to detect the 3 Eddystone frames, but I only modified it to scan the UID frame on for demo purposes. And here is the code I insterted:


This is the raw data taken from Ibeacon Detector App:

And here is the resulting app:


No comments:

Post a Comment