The first step I did was used my configuration as indicated in my previous article(Configuring HM-10 to Support Over-the-Air(OTA) Update). Then, I downloaded the new apk from the manufacturer's website but I dont recommend downloading the software from there because they frequently update the files. Here is the apk file I used for my experiment and testing: http://bit.ly/1FkfwJ3. And check the screentshots below as a result of my successful testing:
The Initial Screen. I pressed the search button.
The app found my ibeacon, I had to tap the ibeacon to configure:
The configuration screen appeared, The initial status message is "connecting to ibeacon....", so I had to wait until it connects to the ibeacon. This is where my precious testing fails, the app could not connect to the ibeacon. But today, it mysteriously connected successfuly.
I tried to type "AT" on the input text and pressed the send button next to it, and the ibeacon responded "OK":
All AT commands should work with the software except those that will affect the ibeacon module's connectivity.