Friday, July 27, 2018

IB003N-SHT Honest Review

Not long ago, I bought this beacons from Alibaba. What attracted me most and main consideration of choosing this beacons against a number of China made beacons are the following:


  1. It can broadcast 3 frames(Ibeacon, eddystone(URL or UID) and Accelerometer)
  2. It has a specialize temperature sensor
  3. It has buzzer

For some reasons, the Chinese seller had delayed the delivery considering that I paid expensive shipping charge($30) but the delivery time took almost a month which is just like having it shipped for free via postal mail(small packets) but I didn't mind it since the product I bought are really loaded with tons features.

Ok the item arrived and my initial testing which is to check whether it really can broadcast the 3 frames and it worked. Days later, when I tried to check the data being broadcasted and verify if it really has all the goodies and to my surprised, I found that it is not what they claimed it be which really had disappointed me. Here are my actual findings:

  1. Ibeacon and Temperature Sensor issue. According to their documentation, the temperature readings are being broadcasted at the major and minor (least significant bits). During my test, I could not find the major value and the minor value turns out to be the least significant bit. I reported this issue to the Chinese seller and after a few days of discussion, they have admitted that the major value is unusable. They did not mentioned this in the technical documentation they have provided nor on their advertisement. Another issue I found is that most of the time, the temperature reading is 0 which is weird and I found this to be a hardware defect.
  2. Eddystone issue. The data being broadcasted is not Eddystone standard compliant. The main identifer of Eddystone "AAFE" is missing, I have confirmed this because even nRFConnect can not identify the frame as Eddystone. Their counting of UID begins at the "02" byte which is absolutely wrong. The transmittion power is missing. And worst is that when I tried to populate the characteristics "FFD02", the Eddystone frame goes blank which stunned or shocked me.
  3. Buzzer Issue. 20dB is very loud, and based on their technical documentaion, it can be adjusted through GATT. But during my testing, the loudness could not be adjusted. With that loudness, I could hardly hear it.
After I found these defects, I stopped the testing of other features. I have already concluded that the IB003N-SHT is full of defects. I tried to negotiate with the Chinese seller by returning the product to them due to the above mentioned defects, but I got this reply from them:

"Our products have no defects, but if you are not satisfied, you may return the items to us. But pls do not include the batteries. We will deduct $2 for each item for the batteries. We will test each items after receiving them from you and we find no defects, we will refund your money. Shipping and delivery charge will be deducted."

I think this is not what I have expected from them, with this transaction, I would suffer $127 loss which way too much.


7 comments:

  1. Well Explained. I am searching for the same. Thanks for sharing it here.
    Also , checkout my website if you want to know about computer guides and reviews then you can checkout my website clickhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such A Great Informative article. Thanks for sharing it here. Also I created one website, Hope you will check it out also. This website is based on Sofa Reviews And Buying Guides. So check it out. Thanks. bestsofareview2020.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you have added a blog gadget to a site page, you can adjust the blog gadget settings to control the appearance of the page and the ability of visitors to read, add, and comment on posts.

    Gadget settings appear in a panel on the left side (which can be hidden to maximize the page design area). To display the settings panel, you position your pointer over the gadget – while editing a site page – then click the gadget settings icon.
    Read more at www.freekbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an important informative post. I occasionally see posts on this blog. Thanks for sharing here. I also have a tech product related website. Hope you check it out too. The website is arranged with various types of tech products. Such as camera, mobile, fridge, etc. I hope you come back to my page. Thanks



    https://www.freekbuzz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, explained. I am searching the same here. Thanks for sharing it here. Also, you can checked my website if you want to know about gadget or fitness guides then you can check out my site.

    Freekbuzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Explained. I am searching for the same. Thanks for sharing it here.
    Also , checkout my website if you want to know about computer guides and reviews then you can checkout my website by freekbuzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here and there when you’re working out you need to get to the clock or stopwatches on your wellness tracker, so you can time a specific lap or length, and we trust the Xiaomi Mi Band 5 really allows us to do as such.

    On the Mi Band 4, you were unable to get to different applications while you were following an exercise, which restricted the utilization cases for the gadget. On the off chance that the Mi Band 5 needs to be the best exercise center buddy it very well maybe, we’d prefer to see application performing multiple tasks.
    Freekbuzz

    ReplyDelete