Thursday, December 3, 2015

Using my Windows 8.1 Tablet Pc as Raspberry Pi 2 Model B Monitor

The raspberry pi is a tiny pc running on linux based operating system with gpio pins. It is like having an arduino and a personal computer. Unfortunately, the rpi does not have a builtin screen and having to connect it on a huge monitor does not make it a tiny pc anymore. But more recently, I discovered that I can use my Windows 8.1 tablet as my rpi's monitor and take note, the connection is over wifi.

With this configuration, I can access my rpi anywhere even when I will just leave it at home. To access the rpi from my tablet, I used xming and putty. Both software can be downloaded free of charge from the internet. It only took me a few minutes to figure out how to make it work, thanks to those numerous how-to guides on youtube. Without them my mini project would have never been possible.

Here is my setup:


 
So now, I can some python programming with image processing usin my raspberry pi and the wimdows 8.1 tablet pc during my spare time at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment