Friday, December 21, 2012

What can I do with 150W SOlar Power + 83AH Battery Bank?

So what can I really do with 150W SOlar Power source + 83AH Battery Bank with the sun shines normally without rain or typhoon? Or in other word in a normal and typical day? It has been 4 months and I had never really thought of this question because everyday, I have to spend sometime outside so I am not able to really measure or give accurate measurements of how much energy can be spent with this power source.

So today(Dec 21, the supposed end of the world in the Mayan calendar), I never really went out just to get the most accurate measurement. Here are the things I did  whole day:

1. 6:00AM to 6:30AM - The  sun begun to shine so I initially let my system charged up.
2. 6:30AM to 7:00AM - I begun to charge my 4.5ah and 5.7ah LI-ION Battery that I use to power up my 2 usb powered fans.
3. 7:00AM to 10:00AM - I turned on my 48W ChangHong 29" LED Tv with my 20W Solar Fan turned on
4. 10:00AM to 10:30AM - I charged my 45W MSI U270 Netbook and turned off the tv
5. 10:30AM to 11:30AM - I let the whole system store energy again by disconnecting power consuming loads such as my 20W electric fan and 5W LED Light Bulb and my power inverter.
6. 11:30AM to 3:00PM - I turned on again the tv with fan turned on as well.
7. 3:00PM to 5:00PM I charged my netbook
8. 5:00PM to 8:00PM I just watched tv with the solar fan turned on and my 3W, 1.5W and 6W(led Christmas light) LED Lights turned on
9. 8:00PM - 6AM - I just used the solar fan and the christmas light turn on the whole night and still running normally.

These things could not have possible if I went out at 3PM because some burglars are sabotaging my setup.

At least with this experiment, I am able to know the maximum usability of my current power source but still, this is not enough to power a small refridgerator probably a 48W can be adequately powered continously by a 400W Solar Panel plus 240AH battery bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment