Friday, November 5, 2010

The gadget I use to access the internet

The internet has become an important part of my life. There has not been a day I never surfed the internet in the a past 10 years. It is really very addictive. To access the internet, I used to stay at an internet cafe for hours. I even have to wake up very early in the morning just to rush at the internet cafe. Then there came 3G Broadband connections that made connecting to internet anytime, anywhere possible.

Just after buying me a netbook, I immediately bought a 3G USB Modem from Sun Telecom...but then 3G signal in my apartment was poor. I could hardly connect to Sun's 3G network, so I have to figure out a way to enable me to use the 3G device to accept other 3G Broadband providers. After 3 days, I have successfully unlocked it and now I am able to access Globe Telecom's 3G Broadband services. But still, the connection was very slow but then, Globe's 3G service is so much better than the previous. But before I connect to the internet, I need to stay near the window and I need to put my netbook on top of a box about 1 ft high so that it can pick up the signal. I used that setup for almost 3 months.

Then came the Globe Tattoo MyFi device. The moment I first heard about it, I definitely liked it because it will solve the inconvenience I was suffering and I also wanted it to end. So rushed to Globe's nearest outlet, bought one immediately. After 3 weeks of using it, accessing the internet from my apartment has become very convenient and I am so glad that this device has made it possible.



Thanks to these two gadgets. I no longer have to go out just to surf the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment